Monday, August 30, 2010

Ebony & Ivory - The Log Cabin 20/08/10

When a friend organised for a few of us to catch up and get some dinner at the local Log Cabin, I was in when she said Live Music. I didn't know what to expect, but what I got was a fantastic duo cover band made up of singer Jesse Suitupe and guitarist Saul Santilli. The amount and quality of sound that came out of these 2 guys was amazing.


They played a huge range of hits to keep everyone happy and it wasn't long before everyone was up and dancing to songs like Superstitious, Sunburn, Jack and Dianne, All night long, Kiss, I shot the Sheriff, and a beautiful rendition of Ben Harper's, Steal My Kisses. Jesse has an amazing vocal range and a really soulful sound. He's a bit of a cross between Cee-Lo Green from Gnarls Barkley and Guy Sebastian (without the lameness) but he has no problem rocking out to the grungier tracks they play. I was most shocked when I realised half way through that they were playing Beyonce's Halo. Now, I'm no Beyonce fan but this version was really good and I actually think Jesse managed to sing it in the same key as Beyonce! Like I said, amazing vocal range. Saul's guitar was really funky and the jams he had between tracks showed the guy has some serious talent.




It was a great night out and I always love a good dance, especially when the venue is just around the corner! These guys were awesome and maybe a bit wasted as a cover band. I get the feeling they have a stack of their own songs but are currently really happy just playing great covers. They play at The Crown Hotel Sydney, The Courthouse Hotel Sydney, The Colonial Hotel, The Log Cabin, The Macquarie Hotel Liverpool, Penrith Panthers and the Matraville Hotel. They have 2 upcoming gigs listed on their facebook page which are The Log Cabin, Friday the 10th of September and The Office Hotel Sydney, Saturday the 11th of September. If you have the chance to check them out, do it!



1 comment:

  1. I had no idea the Log Cabin had live music! But then again, it has been years since I've been to the Log Cabin...

    Might have to check these guys out when they are next playing there :)

    ReplyDelete