Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Album Review - Parades, Foreign Tapes








I saw Parades support Klaxons a few weeks ago and I loved their new sound so I bought their Album Foreign Tapes.

Like I said in my Klaxons review they remind me of a mix between The XX and Cloud Control but different in a really new and exciting way. They have a very dreamy sound and an interesting rock twist on folk music with amazing harmonies that make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up and say Hell Yeah!

The album features a plethora of talented ring-in friends, including the beautiful female vocals of Rebecca Shave on the majority of the album and Alyx Dennison on the fantastic track Loserspeak In New Tongue and I have a feeling Alyx was the female vocalist onstage with them the other night!

Other stand out tracks are Past Lives which has amazing drums that get me dancing every time, and Marigold which has a super catchy melody.

Folk-pop singer, song writer Jonathan Boulet is the bands drummer. But his talents don't end there as he's also the producer of the album and a musical force to be reckoned with.

I really enjoyed these guys live and the album is filled with great track after great track. There is some really stunning stuff coming out of Australia lately and I hope these guys get all they deserve. If you get the opportunity, I highly recommend you check them out.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


No comments:

Post a Comment