Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunset Riot EP - Review


I was given the Sunset Riot EP by someone close to the band, and asked to take a listen to it. I got the feeling, if I liked it I should put it on the blog and if I didn't like it, no hard feelings. When I put it in the car cd stacker and took a listen what I heard wasn't what I expected.
These guys have been born into the wrong era for sure! This young Sydney band have a sound that is so traditionally rock and roll they sound like they should have been opening for ACDC or Guns N Roses 15 years ago.The lead singer has a really interesting voice and occasionally sounds like he's channelling Bowie.

My favorite song on the 5 track EP is Rain. It has this amazing guitar riff at the beginning that features all through the track and definitely gets stuck in my head. Whilst Sunset Riot aren't of the sort of genre I usually listen to, their talent is obvious and I can appreciate the killer old school rock sound these guys kick out!



We should always do our best to support local talent so keep your ears out Sunset Riot. I've seen on their facebook page they doing what they can to get on next years BDO Sydney line up and they're in contention to support Bon Jovi in December. Check out their website http://www.sunsetriot.com/ for their massive list of upcoming gigs. Take a listen to Rattlesnake which I've added below.


No comments:

Post a Comment