Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Uncorrected and Soapbox Summer

Two young Sydney pop punk bands have joined together to make an extended ep Split Decision and save themselves a few dollars. What we end up with is an 8 track little gem of up beat poppy vocals with good old fashion punk rock riffs. Its been 10 years since my music tastes consisted only of Punk but it's good to see not much has changed in those 10 years.

I think both bands have quite a similar sound and both bands lead singers have similar voices which makes for a nice flow between the 2 sets of tracks on the record. However in saying that, I think I preferred the tracks recorded by Soapbox Summer. Their track Doc Brown is my Homeboy took 2 plays to securely lodge itself inside my head for 2 days straight and somehow I actually woke up singing S.L.U.T the other morning and it took me a few minutes to work out WTF I was singing and where I knew it from.
Uncorrected weren't without some catchy tracks. Kiss Kiss to Bang Bang was probably my fave by them but the opening track Mums Cookies are the Best comes with a hilarious and well done video clip. Check it out below.


Whether there is still a big market for Punk bands I'm not so sure anymore, but I think the heavy pop influence from these 2 bands will help them rapidly gain popularity, and I'm guessing these guys have no huge desire to be played on 2Day FM. For now they seem pretty happy to write play and record nothing but catchy pop punk goodness.


Uncorrected - Mums Cookies Are The Best



Soapbox Summer - Doc Brown is my Homeboy

No comments:

Post a Comment