Sunday, October 31, 2010

Paramore Entertainment Center 15/10/10



Last time Paramore came to the country for Soundwave I thought long and hard and decided not to go. I couldn't justify going to a festival mainly to see 1 band, especially a band I was slightly embarrassed to admit I liked. So when I found out they were touring again by themselves I was in!

They were supported by US band Relient K and not surprisingly the tween filled crowd knew every word to most of their songs (I've never heard of them). They had a pop punk sound, a very young sound, not unlike Blink 182. Much to my delight they played a cover of Toto's Africa. I think everyone else was too young to know it but considering we were the oldest people there we appreciated it (I went with my Mum...shut up she's cool!)

After we'd had a few champagnes out of little plastic cups, and to a roaring screaming crowd Paramore emerged from behind the big black curtain. They started with a few tracks off Brand New Eyes, Ignorance, Playing God and Careful. The crowd, from our higher vantage point were amazing and huge! That's the good thing about a young crowd, everyone was so energetic and just out to have a good time! They played several tracks of their old albums which the crowd also enjoyed.


The youthful Tennessee band were so amazing, much more than I thought possible and I enjoyed myself so much I thought I was going to bust at one point! I may have developed a girl crush on amazing Hayley Williams. With her fiery red hair like Florence, she has such a powerful voice and at 21 seems really grounded and professional and like the rest of the band, passionate about her music. 




They energetically punched out a huge gig and I struggled to see anyone not having a great time. Maybe it was because I went in with low expectations of the band and with the notion that I was going to be annoyed constantly by 12 year olds dressed inappropriately, but I was left shocked and amazed! The audience weren't too bad and the band was phenomenal I'm not ashamed to say. It's a big call but I'm putting Paramore up along side Vampire Weekend for Gig of 2010!! Next time they come back, I'm there!


Here is a KOL cover I heard a while ago, and while Kings of Leon aren't what they used to be, Paramore do a fantastic job of covering their track Use Somebody.


No comments:

Post a Comment